A week or so ago, I was watching the show Food Factory, and I saw something being made called “Peanut Butter Wings”. They’re chips topped with peanut butter, then covered in chocolate. The original maker of this creation is Chocolate Pizza Company Inc. You can find the original Peanut Butter Wings on their website, however I couldn’t find out if the dark chocolate ones are vegan or not. So, I made them myself! Then I decided that this was the perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
This recipe makes roughly 40 “wings”.
1 bag wavy Lay’s original chips
1 bag Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini morsels
1 jar peanut butter
Valentine sprinkles (optional)
- Lay out a silicone or non-stick sheet for the wings to cool on
- Pour whole bag of chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in one minute increments, stirring the chocolate in between, until it’s fully melted (about 2 1/2 minutes)
- With a butterknife, spread about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on eight to ten chips
- Dunk the chip into the chocolate, peanut butter facing down so all the peanut butter gets coated (only coat the side with peanut butter)
- Place on silicone mat, chocolate facing up, then add sprinkles (optional)
- Continue the steps above, making eight to ten at a time, until you run out of chocolate (as the chocolate runs out, you might need a spoon or silicone spatula to gather and coat the last chips)
- Let cool completely, until chocolate is solid (about a half hour)
- Store in a zip lock bag
If you love the chocolate/peanut butter combo or the salty/sweet combo, these are just incredible.
Happy Valentine’s Day!