This recipe makes 10 muffins.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup corn meal
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup vegetable oil (or any flavorless oil)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
1 teaspoon ground ginger powder
1/3 cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- This is an easy recipe; dump every single ingredient into a large mixing bowl all at once
- Mix ingredients together until batter is smooth
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups
- Pour roughly 1/3 cup batter into baking cups
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool, or serve warm with butter
- Store in a ziplock bag or air-tight container
Tip #1: You can omit the ginger and Craisins for plain corn muffins.
Tip #2: This recipe can also be used to make cornbread in a baking dish.
Tip #3: Have fun with the add-ons; maybe instead of ginger and Craisins, you can add jalapeños!