This recipe makes one large bowl of chickpea ‘tuna’ salad; about four to five cups.
1 15.5oz can chickpeas
2/3 cup vegan mayo (Follow Your Heart)
1/3 cup Craisins
3 celery sticks
5 pickle slices (Claussen)
1/2 tablespoon dried dill (fresh will work too)
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Drain all the liquid from the chickpea can, and thoroughly rinse the chickpeas in cold water for a few minutes in a strainer
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl, then use a potato masher to mash the chickpeas until they are mostly smooth, but with a few textured chunks
- Finely dice the pickle slices and thinly slice the celery sticks
- Add the pickles, celery, Craisins and vegan mayo to the bowl with mashed chickpeas, and mix until everything in the bowl is coated with mayo
- Add the dill and granulated garlic, then mix again until the seasonings are evenly mixed throughout the salad
- Store in the refrigerator, covered for two to three days
Tip: Enjoy as is, or in a sandwich!