This recipe makes about 1.5 cups (340 g) of roasted chickpeas.
1 15.5 oz (455 g) can chickpeas
1 tablespoons (15 mL) olive oil
1 teaspoon (5 g) seasoning (I used Target’s Chili-Lime blend)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Thoroughly rinse the chickpeas with with cold water in a strainer.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towel as much as possible.
- Spray the plate in your air fryer with nonstick spray.
- Add the chickpeas to the air fryer, and drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas.
- Shake the basket, so the oil is coating the chickpeas, and make sure the chickpeas are in a flat layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry the chickpeas for 20 minutes at 400*F (200*C).
- Every five minutes, pause the air fryer and shake the basket.
- Five minutes before the time is up, pause the air fryer and sprinkle your seasoning over the chickpeas, then shake the basket to evenly distribute the seasoning on the chickpeas.
- When the 20 minutes are up, let the chickpeas cool down in the air fryer completely.
- When the chickpeas are cool, store them in a ziplock bag or airtight container, and enjoy right away, or store for up to one week.
Tip: Target and Trader Joe’s have excellent pre-made seasoning blends.